How is everyone. Good good glad to hear all of you are ok :D
Jokes aside so after last post I asked if anyone would like a paint over of their work and one person contacted me. He is planing to start his concept art studies and just asked about his painting. Actually I was surprised as this one was pretty good compared to what I usually get so good job. After removing all the clutter the image was nicely done. So here it is before and after.
This person was kind enough to let me share this here, so I though I would give an overall tips for those who are starting out. That is just my opinion and please ignore it if you don't care ;]
1. First of all try to keep it simple, make one step at the time. As you can see in his attempt ( top image just in case ) he tried to add so much stuff for his first work, and I think its cool to be creative and want more. So I took his image and though what the main thing you want to show here. The initial image was about mountains, spaceships shooting and people standing. As Shaddy Safadi said one time: you cant have all, pick just one ( Not a direct quote but you get the idea ) So I made this image about the landscape the spaceship is just their for added interest but its not what I'm trying to show,
2. If you are photo-bashing don't forget about fundamentals:
- Look were the light is coming in the images
- Mach colour
- Always look at reference, keep an eye for depth, scale, rock formation variation
- Last but not the least, images you combine usually are different resolution/quality/shadow density so don't forget to match them as well
3. Don't overburden your images, keep space to breath especially in landscape shots, unless that is your goal to make a viewer to feel trapped/claustrophobic etc. So when you just starting out choose one thing, don't try to put everything ( actually that goes for more experienced artists as well, me included :D ) In short less is more :D
Hope you find this useful and if someone else want an over-paint send it my way firstname.lastname@example.org ( don't spam please )
As for my personal project it was going so well until MODO crashed.... WHYYY WHYYY I keep forget to press ctrl+s so all I got is this screenshot
Basic introduction shot for the story, the shapes going to me under clouds, just barely visible form space and ill be revealed as we decent to the planet surface ;]
Th-th-th-tha-tha-tha-that's all, folks!
Over and out.